Raising Happy Kids: Parents Learning Together
In this parenting workshop, I provide education, strategies and reassurance to a group of parents in your home:
Why Should I Host a Raising Happy Kids Gathering?
Learning from and talking with other parents is a great way to get support and realize many parenting challenges are common–it’s not just you.
- Discuss your specific concerns in the comfort of your own home
- There is no topic that is off limits
- This is a cost effective option to address issues, large or small
- Parent-to-parent concerns are shared which allows for greater support and understanding
- Provides a respected professional to weigh in on group concerns and suggest options and strategies
- Guidance that is at your home and based around your schedule. Evenings and weekends are available.
Typical Parent Concerns
These are just a sample of topics that have been useful to other parents. Every gathering is different and customized to your concerns.
- Screen time concerns and boundaries
- Discipline strategies
- Sibling rivalry and jealousy
- Moodiness and defiance
- Body image, body changes and self-esteem
- Channeling and regulating emotions and feelings
- Dealing with changes in routines and transitions
- Impulse control issues
- Tackling meltdowns
- Dating and sex
- Alcohol, drugs and parties
- Social media and screen time
- Peer relationships
- Self-esteem and self-image
- School issues including college readiness
- Defiance, rule breaking and boundaries
- Changing communication needs
- Parent-teen relationships
- Family concerns including sibling rivalry
For more information about our workshops, please review our Parent Workshops page or contact us with your questions and ideas. Also check our Resources page for parenting groups in the St Petersburg FL area.